Lynda – Migrating Access Databases to SQL Server
Size: 419MB | Duration: 2h 39m | Video: AVC .mp4 1280×720 15fps | Audio: AAC 48KHz 2ch
Genre: eLearning | Level: Intermediate | Language: English
At one point Access was adequate. But what happens when your database grows and you need more powerful tools? You can move it! Migration allows you to take advantage of SQL Server’s advanced features, and maintain a link to the data in Access. Watch this course to learn how to leverage what you already know to take that next step. Adam Wilbert reviews the basics of SQL Server Management Studio SSMS and introduces two workflows for migrating Access data: one using a simple export/import process and the other using the free SQL Server Migration Assistant SSMA.
* Why upgrade?
* Importing a SQL database
* Exploring data types and server objects
* Installing SSMA
* Mapping source and target data types
* Using the Migration Wizard
* Linking to migrated tables in SSMA
* Working with views and stored procedures
* Linking Access to SQL Server databases